Exercise Your Options
The Ko-Kwel Wellness Center, formerly the Community Health Center, invites you to support your good health at the Kilkich Fitness Room. The Fitness Room provides a convenient location and quality exercise equipment for Tribal members, housing residents, clinic patients and Tribal employees to pursue your personal fitness goals. All without paying a membership fee!
At the fitness room, you can rev up your metabolism on a cardio machine, focus on strength training with free weights, or roll out a yoga mat. A flat-screen TV offers fitness classes and exercise routines, including aerobics, cross training, stationary biking and yoga. There are videos to guide beginning, intermediate and advanced users.
Located in Unit A of the Coquille Housing Authority warehouse at Kilkich, the room offers:
- 24-hour, seven-day access
- Secure entry
- Upright bike
- Recumbent bike
- Spin bike
- Reclining stepper
- Free weights and bands
- Elliptical trainer
- Yoga mats and blocks
- Flat-screen smart TV
Who can use the fitness room?
You can use the Kilkich Fitness Room if you’re 13 and older and you’re:
- A Coquille Tribal member or spouse
- A Tribal employee
- A Kilkich resident
- Or a Community Health Center patient
Parental supervision is required for any user younger than 18. Children 12 and under are not allowed in the Fitness Room.
Please remember to wear appropriate clothing and footwear. If you’re new to fitness or have not exercised in a while, please talk to your health-care provider to be sure you are physically able to use the equipment provided.
To use the Kilkich Fitness Room
- Print out the User Agreement below and mail your completed agreement to: Ko-Kwel Wellness Center, Attn: Afton Libbett, P.O. Box 3190, Coos Bay, OR 97420.
- Complete the COVID-19 Safety Waiver online here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/KFRoom
- Call Afton Libbett at (541) 888-9494, ext. 2212 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org once both the User Agreement and the Safety Waiver are complete. You will be provided with a door access code for entrance.
To learn more
For questions or additional information, contact Afton Libbett at (541) 888-9494, ext. 2212.